Are you a victim of a Bird scooter accident? An experienced Bird scooter accident attorney in Los Angeles can help you protect your right to full and fair compensation for your damages.
The Los Angeles roads are flooding with this new and chic way of transportation, the lightweight matte black electric scooters by Bird Rides Inc. No doubt this dockless, rentable e-scooters service sounds environmentally safe and an inexpensive way to go that last mile between public transit and your destination. But with any new advent, arise its pros and cons. Since the scooters are dockless, riders can just grab one, go a few blocks and leave it wherever they want. This is one major issue, as you’ll find dozens of electric scooters blocking the way when dropped onto sidewalks, bus stations and shopping areas.
Protection tips when riding a Bird scooter
So what can you do to safeguard yourself and others from becoming a victim of a Bird scooter accident when decided to hop on one. An experienced Bird scooter accident attorney in Los Angeles can help you protect your right after getting injured in such accident. Follow the below instructions to make sure you’re properly protected:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Always choose the bike lane to drive.
- Always check both ways before crossing an intersection.
- Use all stop signs and stop lights.
- Abide by all California vehicle traffic laws.
- Drive within speed limits.
- Always leave your scooter in legal parking spots.
- Do not use the scooter under the influence of alcohol.
Regulations pertaining to riders
Rules and regulations to ride Bird scooters are different as per each state law. The laws are composed in the rental agreement that you should acknowledge after joining with the app, and some are even recorded on the scooters themselves. Obviously, many of the laws apply to riders more than the vehicles themselves. Here are few rules & regulations pertaining to riders:
- Should be minimum 18 years old.
- Should have a legitimate driver’s license.
- Must wear a helmet.
- Must leave the scooters in lawful parking spaces.
- Only one individual should ride on a scooter at any given moment.
- Shouldn’t ride under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other such substance.
- Shouldn’t ride on walkways if there are bike lanes and such accessible.
- Should always have one hand on the bike and shouldn’t hold any object that would hinder this capacity.
- Shouldn’t hitch the scooter to some other vehicle.
If there is a failure to abide by any of these laws, tickets may be issued.
Expert attorneys at Farahi Law Firm, APC are prepared to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve if you or your loved one sustained injuries in an accident involving Bird Scooter. Call to discuss your case today: (310) 774 4500